Oily hair after BS and ACV

Hey,
So i have only been doing this for about 2 months and im just mixing 1 tsp of BS to 1 cup water and the same ratio for ACV. I find that sometimes it works well and my hair feels great but this only happens if i blow dry my hair but if i let it do it on its own it feels gross thick and sticky! Not sure what i am doing wrong or if there is something else i should try !

Me too! Was told to use white vinegar, but will try hot water…
Results:
Hot water - day 1, greasy mess. Yuck
Day 2, grease managed and feels clean, but hair looks dull?
Day 3, looks and feels clean. Also tangle free , but itching aND flaking …grr
Not sure what to do now?
Never had dandruff before?
Gonna go back to BS and ACV

Heya,

I’m having a similar issue with BS and ACV. I’ve been using them for 3 months now but my hair continues to get greasy on day 3 (which is the same amount of time as when I used shampoo).

I use BS and ACV once a week and from day 3 onwards I use a mixture of talcum powder and cocoa which works well in soaking up the grease but doesn’t look or feel very nice!

I was hoping that my hair would stop getting greasy so quickly so I could use BS and ACV less often, maybe every 1-2 weeks or so. I’ve read in a few places about it taking 2-6 weeks for the oils in your hair to rebalance but it’s been 3 months and there doesn’t seem to be any change in mine. Any tips or ideas?

Thanks,
Dee

I don’t think youre doing anything wrong. Im into my second month as well and I went through the same process as you. The only area that is still oily would be the insides of my hair (back of my scalp). The only difference between you and me is that I don’t do a ratio at all. I used to but then I found out it didn’t work for me.

When your hair feels oily use more baking soda to dry it out. I use a copious amount of baking soda on my scalp so it doesn’t get oily. Then I just rinse with vinegar.

I think youre just one of the many people who deal with very oily hair when going no-poo. Do you perhaps have thin hair?

I have to reiterate some other posters here - I have been using baking soda/ACV method for over 2 years now. I have long straight hair and the low concentration of soda to water did not work for me at all. I was about to give up totally due to greasy limp hair but tried two things which made ALL the difference - increase the amount of soda and water - I typically use up to 8 Tbsp of soda in nearly about a liter of hot water, stir until fairly dissolved and slowly pour onto my wet hair. I pour slowly to different areas then with a flat hand, rub the mixture against my scalp. There needs to be some actual friction, this the flat hand - to get the sebum to be removed. Scrubbing with fingertips like with shampoo will not work well this soda method as there is no lather - hope that makes sense. I also find that a LONG duration of this rubbing is needed. If you wash and you feel greasy still - you may need a higher concentration of soda and longer duration of rubbing. I also changed to a grocery store cheap apple cider vinegar and mix this one cup to 4 cups hot water and also pour this slowly over my hair and gently massage in after the baking soda wash. Rinse with water, towel dry then rub a small amount of leave in conditioner to ends.

My advise is 1. use more soda, scrub longer and 2. use a cheap ACV instead of the kind with “mother” as the mother leaves all sorts of goo on your head. Also - don’t be afraid to wash more often, sometimes I have to up to 3 x per week. You may need more frequent washes the more you sweat as this will leave more sebum on your hair.