Going to the Hairdressers! How?!

Hi All

What does everybody do with regards to going to the hairdressers. We all know their usual routine of washing your hair with regular shampoo and conditioner, so what should I do if I use natural shampoo bars and ACV rinse?? I can hardly ask them to use vinegar in their salon, or well I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing so. Honestly, I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking them to use my shampoo bar either.

Do you guys have any options for this? I really need my hair cut! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t be so shy. You are the customer. If you want them to use your own bar and your own rinse, go for it. If it was me I certainly would ask them to please use my bar and my rinse.

Easy. Either wash your hair yourself before going, and have the hairdresser wet it down before the cut. They could either rinse it or spray it (with water).

1 Like

My salon is familiar with the no poo method & has something they use that does not affect the natural oils I now have established on my scalp after > 1 yr if doing no poo. Maybe your salon will also be familiar with the method.

Thanks for your replies guys. I like the washing beforehand option!

I bought ‘as I am coconut co-wash’ I plan to take it to my hairdresser and asking her to use that to wash my hair. I figure that a co wash once every 12 weeks won’t throw my no poo out of wack

1 Like

I say if you can’t tell your hairdresser what your doing with your hair, you should find a new one. I have been seeing mine for over 10 years, we have done so many things to my hair he will cheer me on when I tell him about going no poo. I have another friend that is a barber and she does no poo herself.

Good luck!