First time baking soda wash. Not impressed

I mixed a Tbsp of Baking Soda with water and poured half of it over my head so I could apply the other half after massaging little. But it become so hard i couldn’t put my fingers through! It was almost as if a layer of dried glue on my hair kept it all in place. It was so weird and I was so freaked out. I discarded the other half and washed my hair. Still hard as ever. I remembered ACV is a conditioner and applied that which just seemed to make it harder. Did I do something wrong…?

How much water did you use? I would use at least 2 cups of warm water, stir or shake well to dissolve. I also use ACV one cup to 3 cups water and slowly pour over after fully rinsing out the soda mixture. If after a gentle toweling your hair feels dry - use a small amount of detangler spray or leave in conditioner. It takes weeks to change over from shampoo to no poo.

With shampoo use, your natural oils are stripped away. With no poo, your natural oils will gradually come in and work their way down your hair strands. Its only the excess oil near the scalp you try to remove with the no poo method.

Don’t give up - it will work for you with patience and time. It took me months to make the transition fully and I would never go back to shampoo!