Doing no 'poo wrong for 8 weeks?

Hi,

I was an every-day washer but started only washing once a week 2 months ago. First week started off with using tons of dry shampoo and then washing and conditioning at the end of the day, then lockdown happened and I stopped using anything in the week, as I wasn’t going out anymore. Then about 5 weeks ago stopped using shampoo and just used conditioner to wash at the end of the week. After 8 weeks hair now seems to last slightly longer before becoming super greasy, but no real change that I can see.

However, now realising I shouldn’t even be using conditioner and should just go water-only, so I have a few questions:

1. How often do you wash your hair with just water?
  2. Do you think I’ve made any progress during these two months or, as I was still using conditioner, will it be like I’m just starting anew when I go to just washing with water?
  3. How do I combat tangles? Conditioner has always been an absolute must for my hair. What would you recommend to help me stop it becoming too knotted when washing?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi AimeeW. I’ve not washed my hair or had any product on it, or even water since 18 March 2020 when my lockdown started. Trying to find out if anyone has just stopped everything and how it turned out. Not sure when I am meant to introduce water/prouct. Hair seems normal, no smell or issues.

Hi there I haven’t used shampoo now for 10 weeks. I have really oily hair and previously was washing it every other day. So I stopped using shampoo at beginning of lockdown in nz, however my hair just got thicker and thicker with grease it was yuck. So at 7 weeks I started using baking soda. This absorbed the grease but now I still have to wash it every 2 days with baking soda as it’s oily again by then. I just wanted to stop having to do this. But now I’ve just replaced shampoo with baking soda. Any advice? Just keep going or stop using baking soda?

Search my profile and check out some of the discussions others have had on this.
I’ve personally found that your hair can get good (mine has taken over a year), but it never will have that old shampoo feel. It’ll be a different good.

Be really careful, with BS as it IS more stripping then even shampoo. I’ve heard stories of thick haired ladies loosing large amounts of hair after a year of BS. I would try to get down to once a week at least, and use water and brushing more. Hope something helps. I have really difficult thin hair and have talked about it… there might be some nuggets for you.:upside_down_face:

Hi, Hope. How do we search someone’s profile? When I click on you it shows me your status & badges, but I can’t see anything else. Thanks! :slight_smile: