Both dry and oily hair+dandruff since we moved

Hi no-pooers!
I have been shampoo-free for over a year, I used to use bicarb+ACV or lemon juice, but I’ve been water-only for a few months and it was going very well.
Then we moved to a different town, and apparently the water here is very soft. It was ok in the first week or so, but then my hair (which is long and curly), started to be really dry from about half way down and to tangle really easily, and all my curls would disappear by the end of the day in a dry tangly mess. Now it’s also starting to be a bit more oily near the scalp and on the top half (nothing too bad, but oilier than it was before), and I have stared to have dandruff again. I’m using tea tree oil for the dandruff but it doesn’t look like it’s helping that much.
So should I go back to bicarbonate+ACV? Or carry on with tea tree oil until it works, and to moisturise my tips with olive or coconut oil? Or is there any other method I can try? I have curly hair so I don’t think scritching and preening would be a good idea. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I’m still in transition and started washing my hair weekly with egg yolks. Ever since doing so, I noticed having less to no dandruff.
I’ve been doing some googling related to your question and several sources recommend egg white + lemon juice hair mask (example). Please rinse with COLD water or else you’ll end up with dandruff-free-scrambled-eggs-hair :neutral_face:

I also once read a coconut hair mask over night is good for your scalp, however, I wouldn’t recommend an oil treatment if you’re not using shampoo to wash it out afterwards.

Let me know if you try one of these :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tip! :slight_smile:
I have been using coconut oil and it definitely helped with the dryness.