Beginner help for itchy scalp

I have the typical oily hair problem that causes most ppl to try the no poo method. I’ve made my baking soda mix with 1.5 t of bs to 1 cup of water, bc I have hard water. I know it’s usually 1t:1c. But, since my hair is really oily and I have an itchy scalp due to mild psoriasis, how often should I be “washing” my hair? I’m really trying to be patient here, but this is just maddening for someone who was washing 5-6 times a week. My scalp is itchy, my hair is yucky looking, and honestly, I’m just about ready to give up. I’ve been using the no sulfate keratin oil shampoo, along with Wen, for quite awhile now. Right now, they’re calling my name like a boss. Help?

I’d recommend you stop using Baking Soda. Its very damaging due to the fact that Baking Soda is very alkaline and even though vinegar is acidic the damage from applying the baking soda is already done. To be honest I am new to all of this but with a little research I started to see opposing sides so I dig a little deeper and when I read about the slow and accumulative effects of baking it made perfect sense to me once pointed out.
Here is actually quite a well explained video which might help as a starting point regarding the Baking soda thing.

I still think that Organic Apple Cider vinegar is a great idea as for years its been said that it has great properties but that is up to you.

I was inspired to look into this due to my mother, when I was a kid she tried it but did not stick to it as she was in an office environment. However, she was following what the Native American woman did where they never really washed their hair at all, seemingly not even with water, or that is what she told me. They just brushed their hair. I am still just rinsing with water and as a man with short hair I am then drying my hair with a towel which I am assuming wipes off some of the natural oils. I am still trying to find my way to be honest.

1 Like