Baking soda Vs Only water

In the past I had a very greasy hair, but after using Baking Soda & Apple Cider Vinegar for 2 months I solved that problem. I’m really very happy with the result.
However, I recently learned that there is another version of the No Poo method that consists of using only water.
My question is: Should I try using just water to try to get even better results or keep using Baking Soda?

About 5 years ago, I had gotten in the habit of washing my hair about twice a week, and when I learned about no-poo, I switched to ACV/baking soda twice a week. A month or two later, I switched to water, and ever since, I’ve occasionally washed with conditioner, and used shampoo 2-3 times a year. I guess it won’t hurt to try!

Age may make a difference. I’m 65 and used to have a grease problem in my 20’s-30’s, and then I washed every day because I didn’t like flat hair or bed head, and my hair never had much body. But I imagine my hormone changes may have had an effect, and now that my hair is gray, it finally has some texture, so it’s dryer and doesn’t look so flat.

Trial and error, Marcos, trial and error. Shampoo wasn’t even invented until the 1920’s, and we’ve been brainwashed to think we need to use it regularly. I’ve also found I don’t need to shower but once a week, although I take care of the stinky parts. It sounds gross, so I don’t tell anyone, but unless I’ve been sweating or otherwise gotten dirty, I just don’t need it, and nobody seems to complain. I’m honestly not one of those au naturale people who doesn’t care what others think - I just don’t need it.

Late response, hope you’re still posting. FYI, been no poo over 10 yrs, currently I use light rye flour/dilute ACV once or twice a week and love it. My issue is thinning hair as I age I’m now in my 60s and when I look at old pics, I have a receding hairline!! Any suggestions?

This is good info, thanks Joyous56 & CottonGinWaste.